Aim and objective:
Our Aim is to educate and involve the whole school and the school community in taking action to protect the environment.
We organise action against litter, recycling, save energy and water, planting and growing in the school grounds and bags to school (recycling of old clothes). Promote the reduce, reuse, recycle message.
This session the Eco Group are focusing on Sustainable Education and Food and the Environment as well as litter. We are organising a focus week during ‘Fair trade Fortnight’.
- Helped to develop the school grounds to provide new play equipment and an outdoor learning environment.
- Encourage biodiversity in the school grounds by installing a bug hotel.
- Arrange and involve the whole school and community in a village and beach clean up.
- Plant trees and shrubs around the school grounds.
- Presented the Eco code and shared information at assembly.
- Awarded our 3rd Green Flag.
P2: Scott Maitland, Mason McRobbie
P3: Mia Weaver, Amy Irvine
P4: Owen Pearson, Melanie Bolt
P5: Billy Myers, Alice Giles
P6: Evie Atkins, Becky Stephen
P7: Jack Bolt, Abbie Bruce